[mythtv] Recording Profiles

Brian A. Vance bvance at egenera.com
Wed Apr 16 14:15:27 EDT 2003

A question I've been meaning to ask for a while now:

Presumably most people have lower settings for 'LiveTV' than they do for
'Default'.  This is because it takes s bit more juice to watch a program
while you are recording it (LiveTV)...  so my questions is this...  What
if I begin recording at 8:00 (using the 'Default' recording profile)
then start watching the recording at 8:15.  Once I start watching at
8:15 does the 'LiveTV' recording profile kick in, allowing me to watch
without having the system fall to it's knees trying to record with the
'Default' recording profile and watch the program at the same time?  If
not, shouldn't this be the case?

-Beev