[mythtv] Recording Profiles

Cliff Draper Cliff.Draper at Sun.com
Wed Apr 16 16:19:56 EDT 2003

From: "Joseph A. Caputo" <jcaputo1 at comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:55:13 -0400
> I was watching LiveTV, which is set up for RTJPEG 480x480 at 255, as it's less
> CPU-intensive, but gives larger files.  Just before a scheduled recording
> was about to begin (on the same channel I was watching), the dialog popped
> up asking me what I wanted to do.  I chose 'Record & Watch while it
> records'.  In a few seconds, I detected a little stuttering (presumable as
> it changed from the ringbuffer to a file, whatever).  My 'Default' profile
> is set for MPEG-4, 480x480 at 2200 (scaled bitrate) However, after the program
> was done, I went to delete it, and noticed that the file size was in line
> with an RTJPEG file rather than an MPEG-4.  (The file was about double the
> size of most MPEG-4 recordings of the same length, but about the same size
> as an equivalent RTJPEG recording).
>
> So, when switching from LiveTV -> WatchingRecording, maybe it's not
> switching profiles?

Yes, I see this bug as well with 0.8 (I haven't tried anything past
that).  I too use RTJPEG for live TV, and MPEG4 for recorded.

Cliff Draper    Sun Microsystems, Forte Tools
My opinions may or may not reflect those of my employer.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.  Inside of a dog, it's much
 too dark to read."  ~Groucho Marx