[mythtv] Subject for my last message: PVR 250 Audio

Jim Paris jim at jtan.com
Sat Apr 19 04:44:42 EDT 2003

> Were you able to get Audio working?  If yes, do you have any hints for us?

I have a 350 and the audio does not work.  If I do:

   dd if=/dev/video0 of=/tmp/foo.mpg bs=1K count=10K
   tcprobe -i /tmp/foo.mpg

then it shows that there is an audio track included in the mpeg, but
if I play it:

   tcextract -a 0 -i foo.mpg -x mp3 | mpg123 -

it's empty.  I would suspect that this problem is unrelated to mythtv.

> I'm using mplayer to view the /dev/video0 stream & that works fine, but
> within Myth I have some stuttering that affects audio pretty heavily, and
> video quality a bit as well.  Any hints?

Same here.  mplayer /dev/video0 is perfect, mythtv drops a lot of
frames.  It gets slightly better as I lower the resolution, but that
shouldn't be necessary.  CPU usage is low (30%).  Still no audio.

I'll play with it more tomorrow.

-jim