[mythtv] PVR-250 support

Dennis Cartier pvr at trigger.net
Sun Apr 20 11:03:47 EDT 2003

Hi Guys,

I have to say, the PVR-250 support has improved dramatically in the last few
days. I was trying to use mine in an KT-133 based board and had nothing but
grief. I moved it to a dual Celeron-366 board with a BX chipset and it
captured OK, but MythTV had bad stuttering. The CVS version from this
morning has cleared up all the stuttering! Yeah, thanks Isaac.

I do have 1 error to report though. I get a segfault on the backend with the
following on the console:

adding: gentoo.local as a player 0
adding: gentoo.local as a remote ringbuffer
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
External channel change: /usr/local/bin/chann 30
found channel 30 at 259250
ioctl worked!
VIDIOCGPICT: Invalid argument
VIDIOCGPICT: Invalid argument
VIDIOCGPICT: Invalid argument
unknown command: ??ERY_RECORDER
Segmentation fault

I can run it through gdb if you would like, but I thought it might not be
required as 'unknown command: ??ERY_RECORDER' looked like it might give you
the info you needed. Let me know if a bt will help.

Thanks,

Dennis Cartier

---
The man with tremendous wealth is a paradox: he has to be smart enough to
get it, yet stupid enough to want it. - Chesterton