[mythtv] PVR-250 support

Dennis Cartier pvr at trigger.net
Sun Apr 20 14:13:15 EDT 2003

> I imagine you're close to running out of CPU during playback? =)
> CPU usage
> (with the additional playback optimization I committed later last
> night) sits
> around 50% on my p3-550 during remote playback of 480x480/default bitrate
> live tv.

Actually it is remarkably good. The Dual Celeron shows 98% idle (on top) for
both CPU's while capturing @ 720 x 480. This may change though when I switch
to using a big IDE drive. Right now it is using a fairly fast, and small
:( , SCSI drive.

The frontend is a 1.3G AMD and it uses ~40% to playback the stream.

Very cool. I can hardly wait for the ivtv driver to become multi card
friendly so I can put another PVR-250 in to the dual system to record while
watching live-TV.

> It indicates that there's some data corruption somewhere, but,
> I'm not really
> sure how it could happen/where it could be -- could be in the
> frontend, in
> the wire transfer, or in the backend.

I'll keep an eye on it and see if it reoccurs.

Dennis