[mythtv] New container added for OSD themes

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Apr 23 15:20:21 EDT 2003

I started to reply to this but wanted to think about it for a couple
minutes. :)

It does work this way sort of, you could make one textarea with something
like this:

<value>%SUBTITLE%%BR%%DESCRIPTION%</value>

That would print the subtitle on one line, then the description following
it.  This still won't handle the situation described because if subtitle
is blank then there is still a blank line above description because of
the %BR%.  Eliminating blank lines should be easy so description in this
scenario would come up to the top instead of having a blank line above it.

<wait 10 minutes>

OK, fixed... :)  If a line is blank it shouldn't be displayed so subsequent
lines get moved up.  Will be in cvs in a little while.

> On Wednesday 23 April 2003 01:23 pm, ben wrote:
> > Hey Chris since your working on this OSD stuff, on thing that I was
> > wanting to do was add an "optional"  parameter to the subtitle.  The
> > idea is this.  If optional=yes and the subtitle field is null then the
> > OSD would adjust the description rectangle to start where the subtitle
> > rectangle starts.  Right now most of the OSD put the subtitle and
> > description in the same area, but if there is not a description you just
> > get a blank line.  I wanted to get rid of the blank line.

Chris