[mythtv] PVR250 (350) composite input

Risto Treksler risto at elkhornbanff.ca
Thu Apr 24 14:07:23 EDT 2003

how do I make a bogus channel source?
currently it seems I have to add my postal code and use xmltv to grab the
listings, and run mythfilldatabase.
so when manually recording from composite, it insists on automatically filling
in the Titles and Descriptions, but the problem is that I am not watching say
simpsons, I am watching a video conference.

Just as an aside, In the end it would be best if I could fill the database
from an ical file. It would put in all the Titles and descriptions and time
slots from an ical file exported from Corporate Time or KOrganizer that keeps
the bookings for the facility.

this also reminds me of a
_BUG_
on a card with multiple composite inputs
with composite0 as the default input
go to manual recording
tab to the video window
change source with 'c' to composite1 or composite2
tab to the 'Start' button and hit enter
it will change back to composite0 and then start recording

the only way to record from composite1 or composite2
seems to be going to watch livetv and
copying it away when done with
cp /mnt/store/ringbuf4.nuv /var/www/html/video/myrec001.nuv

On April 24, 2003 08:26 am, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Thursday 24 April 2003 03:13 am, Ron Aldrich wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I just installed a PVR 350 in my MythTV box, and (after much
> > hair-pulling), have gotten it working.
> >
> > What I'm trying to figure out now, is how to make it use the composite
> > (or s-video) input instead of the tuner.  Any ideas?
>
> Should work exactly like a normal tuner card -- assign a channel source to
> the first composite input in 4th step in setup, and if you want that to be
> the default input, set it to be so in the 2nd step in setup.  If not, just
> switch inputs with the 'c' key during live tv.
>
> Isaac

Risto Treksler
Internet Research Studio Assistant
University of Calgary