[mythtv] DVB support - Status update

Edward Wildgoose edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com
Sun Apr 27 22:06:44 EDT 2003

> I have a DVB-s (full features, with hardware MPEG-2 decoder), and I wanted
> to give a try to your patch, however, while compiling, it says that
doesn't
> find the DVB heeaders. I went to the makefiles and then point where I have
> my drivers, however it still says that can't find the headers.
> The dvb drivers that I have are the ones at www.linuxtv.org
> (linuxtv-dvb-1.0.0.pre2).

Correct headers.  I suspect that you need to install them into your kernel
source /usr/src/linux before this will compile properly.  Perhaps not
though.

It may work as you have tried, ie to redirect the makefile, but perhaps you
need to try a subdir, or one dir up from whatever you typed?

Ben has done a lot more work on this in the last few days, and perhaps it is
worth waiting for him to post a new revision before trying it anyway?

As I understand it, tuning now works correctly, but he is currently working
out how to convert a ts mpeg stream to a ps one, and that is taking time
(anyone have any ideas on how to do this, please drop him a note offlist)

Thanks for the offer of help.

Ed