[mythtv] Native ScreenSaver Support

Eric eric at cisu.net
Sat Aug 2 00:38:28 EDT 2003

I have a suggestion for the TODO list. I don't imagine this taking more than
30 lines of code to implement either. Howabout a simple config option to
disable the screensaver while watching tv. You could accept a command line
option. I use X-Screensaver and this would be VERY helpful. Here in an snip
from the x-screensaver docs:

Here's how you can prevent xscreensaver from kicking in while a movie is
playing: once a minute have a timer go off. In that timer, do something like
this:

    if (playing && !paused) {
      system ("xscreensaver-command -deactivate >&- 2>&- &");
    }

Though it would be better to code this using fork() and execvp() instead of
system().

Simple enough? Hmm I hope this could make MythTV more robust. It would help me
out ;)