[mythtv] re-record?

Michael J. Pedersen michael.j.pedersen at verizon.net
Sun Aug 3 11:45:23 EDT 2003

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 08:55:12PM -0700, Chris Petersen wrote:
> As many have probably noticed, I added a "rerecord" feature into
> mythweb2.  All it does is remove the program's entry from the recorded
> table so that it no longer shows up as a duplicate.  However, I'm
> guessing that myth itself doesn't bother to check for the duplicate
> entry and overwrite the old recording.  Would this even be a desirable
> feature?

Chris, I'm not quite sure how this request is meant to work. I really
don't understand it, so please bear with me. MythTV writes recordings
with a name like chanid_starttime_endtime.nuv Could myth ever re-write
an old recording? Even with being told re-record an episode? If so, how
could it do so? I genuinely don't follow (and part of it may well be
that I woke up something like 10 minutes ago).

On the other hand, I'm going to download/install mythweb2 now, as long
as it works with mythtv 0.10. I'm trying to limit myself to released
versions for actual usage, as I've got someone else in the house who
relies on this, too.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My Jabber ID: pedersen at jabber.org.uk
My GnuPG KeyID: 6CB0A96C       My Public Key Available At: www.keyserver.net
My GnuPG Key Fingerprint: E8F0 920F EB2F 7FDE DF4E  23CC 2CEB 8E6F 6CB0 A96C