[mythtv] New test MythTV installer

rick at divinesymphony.net rick at divinesymphony.net
Mon Aug 4 14:11:09 EDT 2003

> Not currently, although I plan to fix that in the future.
>
> It currently seems to work on Redhat 9, it might also work on Debian.
> Redhat 8.0 support is almost there.
>
> My issue is I don't run Mandrake here, but I'd be happy to add Mandrake
> specific stuff to the installer if someone is willing to test it.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not so sure that would be a
good idea for a Mandrake system.  Non-RPM based installs tend to clutter
up the system and make it a little hard to work with.  The urpmi tool is
already very powerful and can handle the installation or upgrade process
of a software quite well with a single command "urpmi mythtv-backend" for
example.  All it really needs to do so is a properly setup package source
(one more single command-line).  Depending on how this installer works
though, some parts might have immense value for a post-install
configuration, so don't stop investigating.  I setup all my sources on a
new machine with this script below.  That said, if you contact me
directly, I would gladly test any installer/configurator you do come up
with under Mandrake 9.1 (possibly 9.0 if your timing is right too).

That add script I mentioned (note that some of these lines were split over
many by the email system):
#!/bin/sh
#First things first, we must import the Plf project public key
lynx -source http://plf.zarb.org/plf.asc | gpg --import
#Import the mirror's public key
lynx -source ftp://firiona.undisclosed.net/custom/sig.asc | gpg --import
#Add Mandrake 9.1 distro, contribs, and update mirrors
urpmi.addmedia Firiona_Distro
ftp://firiona.undisclosed.net/mandrake/9.1/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/ with
../base/hdlist.cz
urpmi.addmedia Firiona_Contrib
ftp://firiona.undisclosed.net/mandrake/9.1/contrib/RPMS/ with
../../i586/Mandrake/base/hdlist2.cz
urpmi.addmedia Firiona_Updates
ftp://firiona.undisclosed.net/mandrake/updates/9.1/RPMS with
../base/hdlist.cz
#Add RPM location for custom packages
urpmi.addmedia Firiona_Custom ftp://firiona.undisclosed.net/custom/9.1/
with ./hdlist.cz
#Add RPM location for Plf packages
urpmi.addmedia Firiona_Plf ftp://firiona.undisclosed.net/plf/9.1/ with
./hdlist.cz