[mythtv] Fw: DVB Big PATCH, Part I - for CVS pls

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Tue Aug 5 08:31:09 EDT 2003

Hi,

Seems to me that all this pid talk is getting out of hand. Right now, we
configure a set of pids, which just get parsed and fed to a mpeg stream.
Now, these pids can't contain anything other than audio/video, and can only
contain one of each. So why not just clear up the mess and split pids into
audio/video. I have no idea how you are going to handle all those other
pids, Ben. At least I cannot see this in the current code, because libdvbdev
only handles video/audio. So there is the need for a different kind of
demuxer and recorder part. If we where to store for example subtitles (or
multiple audio/video) in the recording, how would that affect the player?

Also currently there is no way of even identifying which is which of those
'pids', so the split in the database seems clear to me (and btw. the change
in the recorder to support this is tiny).

Kenneth