[mythtv] CVS not switching to correct input

matt.jarvis at philips.com matt.jarvis at philips.com
Tue Aug 5 10:06:47 EDT 2003

Hi

I am having some problems installing current CVS. I use a composite input
with an external channel change program, and cannot get CVS to switch to
the correct input when using LiveTV. The database looks correct, with the
correct sourceid assigned to the channels, and the correct default input
set on the card, but it always starts with a green screen and static which
looks to me like the tv input ( which is not connected to anything ) -
even though myth thinks it is the composite input and displays composite 1
when I press C. I have tried a new clean database and upgrading my old
database, and both have the same effect.

The only thing that looks wrong with mythbackend is an error message

ioctl VIDIOC_G_FMT : Invalid argument

This lead me to believe it could be my kernel, as I had been experimenting
with the dvb-kernel driver, so I cleaned my kernel source tree and
installed a new kernel, with no effect. If I downgrade to 0.10 then Myth
works perfectly, and if I set the default input on this card to one of the
other inputs ( composite 3 for example ) I can then switch to composite 1
using C when LiveTV has started and again Myth works fine. Xawtv also
works perfectly with  this kernel and card.
Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this ? I am trying to
move to CVS to use the DVB code, but until I get my other card working
correctly I can't start testing the DVB code.

Matt Jarvis