[mythtv] MythSecurity spinoff of MythTV?

Ray maillists at sonictech.net
Tue Aug 5 10:29:54 EDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 11:37:27AM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> This application sounsd sufficiently different that I'm not sure what parts
> of MythTV would be useful.  A security camera application wants to
> continuously record from several inputs, archive the streams somewhere, and
> display them in various multi-window configurations (I suppose...I've never
> used one).

Myth allready can deal with multiple inputs and has P-in-P.  It would need
some additional features in this area but it seems like the guts are all
there.  Archiving on commercial security dvrs currently sucks, at least for
under $4000 or so.  Typically you get either no archiving options or you get
a cdrw which is enough to put a large clip for court but clearly not enough
to store even a full day worth of video.  For under $3000 I can build a Myth
box with 8 inputs, 500GB+ of storage and a dvd writer so I think it could
be as good or better than what's out there.

--
Ray