[mythtv] New version of MythChannels!

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at xcombo.com
Tue Aug 5 23:56:54 EDT 2003

Get it here:
http://www.elserrat.com/MythTV/MythChannels/index.html

new features:

-Analog scan by finetune of the table. I've seen that Europe-west already has almost all the frequencies, so since now is also doing finetune, I hope that this will be enough for Belgium, Netherlands, Ireland, non standard channels from some cable companies, etc... Pls, let me know: I'm using a PCTV Pro. I wold like to know if the "finetuned" frequencies I'm getting are also ok for other tuner cards or we have to adjust the finetuned values.
-Full support of all DVB types. Imports DVB-t and DVB-c channels.conf (from output of the scan driver). Later on, once it has been tested, we can embed that code like Analog scan Also edit of basic channel properties.
-Setup starting from a clean database. Now You can define also the cards/inputs/sources within mythchannels for DVB, so no need for manual editing of this anymore. Follow the README.DVBsetup for more details.
-Now only is listed in the tree what makes sense to the user configuration.

Don't forget to backup your database first. To setup the database now use mc/cvs or 0.10-to-0.11

If possible appreciate feedback before saturday, I'm leaving in vacation for a week  ;)
Also, as always, (constructive) feedback wellcome.