[mythtv] Unicode in OSD

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Wed Aug 6 00:39:41 EDT 2003

Damn that just too obvious a reason for somebody who's being doing
nothing but XML the last couple of years. :-(

[after checking] The encoding is very weird and obviously not correct,
What I see is this for example:

<title>Fabeltiere - Zauberv&#65526;gel</title>

My German is not perfect but I'm pretty sure it should be an o-umlaut.
Looking up the unicode number for that character shows 0x00F6.
Looking at the number 65526 I realised that this would probably be
0xFFF6 (which it was of course).
So there is some signed byte/integer mix-up going on somewhere. I'll get
in touch with the tv_grab_nl_wolf author to see if there's something we
can do about this.

Cheers,
 -Tako