[mythtv] Mplayer and certain .nuv files

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Thu Aug 7 01:27:02 EDT 2003

Hi there.

Lately I have had MPlayer going bonkers on certain .nuv files but not on
others. I'm not yet sure what is the reason. Some of the files are from
before the teletext work I did, but not that many (since most have
already been deleted). Many of the files that MPlayer breaks on contains
teletext streams, but according the the patch these should be ignored
and if so, that is not the problem. The problem usually occurs about 28
seconds in. It varies whether it breaks is decode_audio or video_frame,
sometimes all I get is massive disk activity and something like this:

This file was encoded with libavcodec build 4671
VDec: vo config request - 384 x 288 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is 1,33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [xv] 384x288 => 384x288 Planar YV12
A:  28,4 V:  28,4 A-V: -0,004 ct:  0,219  717/717   2%  1%  0,9% 0 0 0%
Too many video packets in the buffer: (8 in 86125748 bytes).
Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.
slice end not reached but screenspace end (688603986 left 504CC1)0 0 0%
concealing errors
slice end not reached but screenspace end (96699040 left 7F4133)1% 12,7%
0 0 0%
concealing errors
A:  28,8 V:138293,5 A-V:-138264,777 ct:  0,235  726/726   3%  4% 12,7% 0
0 0%
Successfully enabled DPMS

MythTV plays all the files without a hitch. Running mythtranscode (only
done it once, though) doesn't seem to help. I haven't tried the allkeys
option though.

Some files I just recorded work fine in MPlayer others do not. Those
that do not fall apart as soon as I press ArrowUp where the 'good' shows
correctly jump about a minute into the stream. Has anyone else seen
something like that and does anyone know of a fix?

/Martin.
--
Martin Moeller <martin at martinm-76.dk>