[mythtv] DVB Status

Edward Wildgoose edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com
Sat Aug 9 23:52:16 EDT 2003

> Acpi == off?
> PCI Latency setting needs to be high (128->).
> Upgraded bios?
> Tried ripping out anything but the DVB card?

Yeah, thanks.  It literally got into a funny state, and the driver kept
recording something about "EEPROM not detected".  It didn't even get an IRQ
until I shifted to a different slot (and wierdly it now works back in the
original slot...).  How would I change the PCI latency though?

Anyway, apart from that it now seems to be loading the drivers correctly.
You may have seen from the linuxtv driver list that I have also had a lot of
problems with a full featured dvb-t card (and so have a lot of other
people).  Thanks to some good work by Juergen Peitz, this may now be cured
for many people, however, I wouldn't recommend this card to anyone. (apart
from it being far more expensive than a Nova-t...)

It is actually a new motherboard (P4P800) and there is only an RME sound
card in it (easily ripped out).  This motherboard does have a few
disadvantages such as shared interrupts, but so far it seems quite fast and
stable.  No fans onboard is the main advantage

I can definitely recommend the RME 96/8 sound card though.  Fabulous sound
quality and it works ok with alsa 0.92.  Later versions of alsa don't seem
to work entirely though...

Thanks Kenneth. I really appreciate all the work you have done on the dvb
stuff.

Ed W