[mythtv] transcoding with cutlist

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat Aug 9 21:55:49 EDT 2003

Ok, now that I know that I can actually non-transcode things and keep a
cutlist, I have a couple of findings..  I'm transcoding through myth,
with the X key while watching a show.  (using cvs from yesterday or so)

First of all, is there something which prevents my hitting X multiple
times from resulting in multiple transcodes of the same program?  I
deleted entries from the transcoding table, and they transcoded anyway,
so I thought I'd mention this.

Also, though the commercial flag information is removed after
transcoding, the cutlist is not.  This results in some pretty weird cut
points.

And lastly, on at least one transcode (still waiting for others to
finish), only the first cut section was removed.

Oh, and THANK YOU to whoever made it keep the .old files around - saves
me a headache while testing.

-Chris