[mythtv] PATCH: select cdrip artist & genre (was: additions for mythmusic ripper GUI)

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 10 15:15:10 EDT 2003

On Sunday 10 August 2003 11:11, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Saturday 09 August 2003 11:39 am, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
>
> I've got this applied -- just changed the _q and _list variables to 'query'
> and 'list' to make em fit more into the general programming style =)

Thanks, that was just me being sloppy :-)

> > Now, I'd like some feedback on this because there are a couple more
> > things I want to add.  First, I'd like to add an option to control where
> > files get written when ripped.  Currently, it's hard-coded to <Music
> > Storage>/<artist>/<album>.  I store my music in
> > (much like the one now that controls how your music tree is organized),
> > that would allow you to specify a directory using the keywords "genre",
> > "artist" and "album", but I thought that might be overkill, because
> > though you might omit any one of those three levels, it's unlikely you'd
> > want to change their order.  Or I could just use the existing music tree
> > setting... I'll implement whatever the popular consensus is.
>
> Sure, this'll be fine -- I'd say two ways could make sense.  One, allow the
> entire path/filename to be specified: %genre%/%artist%/%album%/%tracknum% -
> %track%.<extension>.  Or, just use that order and allow items to be
> disabled. I don't like having genre in there, for instance.

OK.. I'll probably do the second one.

> > Along the same lines, I'd like to introduce a format string for
> > generating ripped track filenames.  Currently, it's just <title>.ogg (or
> > .flac).  I'd like to add the option to do <tracknum>-<title>.ogg, or
> > whatever.
>
> It should currently be using "<tracknum> - <title>.ogg", I changed that a
> week back or so.

Cool! I haven't ripped anything lately so I hadn't noticed.  I'll probably
just leave that alone for now, then.  Though, if I may suggest, there should
be no spaces around the "-" between <tracknum> and <title>.  When you scan
the music tree with "ignore ID3 tags" on, a space after the "-" causes the
track title in the DB to contain a leading space.  I you don't mind, I'll
make that small change while I'm in there.  Actually, what I'll probably do
is fix the 'ignore ID3' code to trim leading & trailing spaces off the track
title.

-JAC