[mythtv] transcoding with cutlist

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Aug 11 22:51:57 EDT 2003

On 11 Aug 2003 23:38:52 +0200, "Martin Moeller martin-at-martinm-76.dk
|mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <mvx1hgfxer0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> When you say streaming input I assume that standard input applies?
> You can pipe data into mencoder like this:
>
> cat somefile | mencoder -ovc lavc -oac mp3lame <other opts> -o output -
>
> Or maybe this, if you can pass the MP3 audio along unaltered:
>
> mythtranscoder <stdout> | mencoder -ovc lavc -oac copy <etc...> -

yes something like that (if it can take raw mpeg4 video, I could pass
that in too (then you could theoretically just create new divx frame
headers, and no reencoding would be needed)).

> the '-' is the key here. As to what raw formats you can feed it and
> whether you can give it both video and sound simultanously in raw mode
> though, I'm not sure...
Well, I'm not sure how it can tell a video frame from an audio frame in
streaimng mode.  perhaps if I could provide 2 fifos one for video, one
for audio, that'd be easiest.  In any case, I may look into it further
when I get a chance.  I'd like to make sure the current transcoder stuff
is working well first though.

.Geoff
--
  Geoffrey Hausheer