[mythtv] PVR250 Bitrate Hack.

Kenneth Aafloy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Wed Aug 13 20:07:09 EDT 2003

Hi All!

I've seen that my mpeg2 recordings display time / 2, and I found that it's a
hack in avformatdecoder.cpp for the PVR250 (possible others?). I've thought
about some solutions:

 1. Make it a configuration option, and correct before recording.
 2.    ---     "     ---, and correct when playing.
 3. If possible, autodetect the cardtype (via v4l),
    and correct before recording.

Also, there should be a workaround for old recordings. Either:

 1. Mark the offending recordings in the database.
 2. Make a small program, to walk the old streams, and do correction.

Which of these is most likely work for all?

Any other ideas for aproaches appreciated.

Isaac: Sorry I had to leave before you got a chance to answer my post in
#mythtv yesterday, it was 2am here, and I had to get up early.

Kenneth