[mythtv] Trick play patch

David Engel dlengel at attbi.com
Wed Aug 13 13:07:51 EDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 12:11:16PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Monday 11 August 2003 04:01 pm, David Engel wrote:
> > This patch reworks and enhances the trick play funtionality in the
> > following ways.
>
> I'm going to hold off on this until after the 0.11 release, if you don't mind.

OK.

> I'm not sure about the play_speed stuff just yet.

Any particular issues I can work on in the interim?  Slow motion could
probably be done differently, but would have a greater impact on
NuppelVideoPlayer.  For fast motion, the only alternative I could see
was to skip frames, but that would partially defeat the intended
purpose -- *smooth* playback of sporting events that I wanted to get
through faster but still follow the action.

David
--
David Engel
dlengel at attbi.com