[mythtv] cutlists and transcoding

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sun Aug 17 14:21:12 EDT 2003

> I have been reading all the reencode/cutlist stuff, but I'm afraid I've
> become a bit lost with the latest "transcode from a stream" work that
> was done... would you be willing to summarize exactly what you are
> doing to remove your commercials?

I'm just playing around with things trying to get the best possible svcd
export.  I'd still prefer being able to do this through mplayer (since
when it worked, it worked perfectly), but it doesn't work with myth's
current incarnation of nuv...   the stream thing worked to do svcd, but
used a LOT of RAM, and still had a little audio sync problem (much
better than straight through the incompatible mplayer, though)

> Secondly, I have tried the nuvexport a couple of times, and wind up
> with a CD which, while viewable, has serious audio problems... audio
> will be perfect to several seconds off, changing during the CD,
> stuttering, etc. Any ideas what I should be looking for?

used nuvexport to do what?  export sql/nuv just copies the files.  divx
and svcd stuff relies on mencoder/mplayer, which are currently
incompatible with nuv and (at best) have all kinds of audio sync
problems.

-Chris