[mythtv] DVB todo list (was: DVB & mythchannels)

Mon Aug 18 15:00:17 EDT 2003

> The tune_it in libdvbdev is slow (~1200ms on my system), which I got down
> to ~400ms (~10ms on the same mux) by redoing it in dvbchannel
> (just dropped that function). I have not had a chance to rework this to
> Ben's requirements for inclusion into CVS.
>
> It also does not deal with anything other than DVB-S.
>
> I'll try to make some changes to the tune_it function instead,
> and submit those changes sometime in the future.

This would be a terrific change if you were to do it!

As a DVB-T user could you fill me in with the issues as to why it ends up being DVB-S specific?  Could you perhaps send me your dvbchannel patch to have a look at to at least understand what you did to make it faster?

Thanks Kenneth, I do really appreciate the time you have spent on this

Ed W