[mythtv] mythweb2 and movie casts/writers/directors...

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Fri Aug 22 00:01:31 EDT 2003

Hi all, and especially Chris.

My grabber (tv_grab_dk) provides information on the actors, etc. that
appear in movies, but this information is never used, although it is
stored in the database.

I would love to see either of these two things happen, preferable both:

1) In the movie screen, add a search of the credits table with
subsequent lookup of people in the people table and add what is found to
the description field (or have an extra field for people, maybe?)

2) Have a search type called people (or similar) where you can search
for your favourite actors. It would also be great if
actors/directors/etc. in 1) were hyperlinks to 2) so you from 1) could
get all the movies coming up where a certain person is involved.

I *might* be able to do something like this myself, but I though I'd
start off by showing an example. Maybe this is so easy for Chris or
someone else that the likely many hours it would take me would be better
spent on something else.

Now: The SQL code:

mysql> select * from credits where chanid=8 and
starttime='20030821205500';
+--------+--------+----------------+----------+
| person | chanid | starttime      | role     |
+--------+--------+----------------+----------+
|   2690 |      8 | 20030821205500 | writer   |
|   4665 |      8 | 20030821205500 | actor    |
|   4760 |      8 | 20030821205500 | actor    |
|   4870 |      8 | 20030821205500 | director |
|   4871 |      8 | 20030821205500 | actor    |
|   4872 |      8 | 20030821205500 | writer   |
+--------+--------+----------------+----------+
6 rows in set (0.08 sec)

mysql> select * from credits where chanid=8 and starttime=1061492100;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from people where person=2690;
+--------+--------------------------+
| person | name                     |
+--------+--------------------------+
|   2690 | efter hans eget skuespil |
+--------+--------------------------+
1 row in set (0.09 sec)

mysql> select * from people where person=4665;
+--------+------------------+
| person | name             |
+--------+------------------+
|   4665 | Daniel Day-Lewis |
+--------+------------------+
1 row in set (0.03 sec)

mysql> select * from people where person=4760;
+--------+--------------+
| person | name         |
+--------+--------------+
|   4760 | Winona Ryder |
+--------+--------------+
1 row in set (0.04 sec)

mysql> select * from people where person=4870;
+--------+-----------------+
| person | name            |
+--------+-----------------+
|   4870 | Nicholas Hytner |
+--------+-----------------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

mysql> select * from people where person=4871;
+--------+---------------+
| person | name          |
+--------+---------------+
|   4871 | Paul Scofield |
+--------+---------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from people where person=4872;
+--------+---------------+
| person | name          |
+--------+---------------+
|   4872 | Arthur Miller |
+--------+---------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

I envision it being shown somewhat like this:

Actors : Daniel Day-Lewis, Winona Ryder, Paul Scofield
Director : Nicholas Hytner
(Alternative; Directed by : Nicholas Hytner)
(Possibly a Writer column: Writer: Arthur Miller)

This should not have been there, but it is:
"efter hans eget skuespil" -- it means roughly 'from his own play' and
is certainly not a person. It's take it though if I could get the other
things at the same time :)

I probably won't get anything more done on this until after the weekend
at any rate, so I hope the idea is interesting enough for someone else
to dive in...

If anyone's interested this is the text from the actual movie mentioned:

show: Heksejagt
episode: The Crucible
by Salem ved den amerikanske østkyst bliver i 1692 rystet i sin
grundvold, da en flok unge piger bliver grebet i at danse nøgne og
udføre en slags satanistiske ritualer. Pigerne ledes af Abigail
Williams, der er ulykkeligt forelsket i den gifte mand John Proctor, og
under det efterfølgende postyr går de til bekendelse og angrer deres
omgang med djævlen. Snart fyger det med falske anklager i den lille by,
hvor angst og had hvirvles op.
station: TV2 Zulu
air date: Thu, Aug 21 (8:55 PM)
length: 2 hrs 5 mins

(in this case, episode is the original title).

--
Martin Moeller <martin at martinm-76.dk>