[mythtv] Mini patch: DVB Pids

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at xcombo.com
Tue Aug 26 01:50:37 EDT 2003

To me any real step forward regardless if it is big or not is just *very
wellcome*. I have no problem in using any column name as long as we know
what it contains.

By looking how you are renaming the columns, it's clear to me how to map
them, btw, are you willing to update mythchannels code accoirdingly?

Within mythchannels, there was only logic for filling those pid types if
they were available, in other words, just collecting this information but
not using it yet. There is still a need to develop later on the logic to it,
so looks reasonable to expect that as long as the things go forward, more
changes will be needed.

Just a couple of comments:

Probably to have it commited, Isaac will want to create a new
"0.11-to-0.12.sql" to provide a database migration script for the database
(which in this case, since it's the first database modification, can be
exactly the same code as you have already provided in "cvs.sql")

About "cvs.sql", maybe will be a good idea to take out the lines where the
pids columns names are renamed in the case that a previous mythchannels was
applied and have them in a separate script for those who need that migration
path. When a single statement fails the sql script doesn't execute the
following statements, so we should keep cvs.sql clean and working for those
who are just upgrading from CVS.