[mythtv] Re:Mini patch: DVB Pids

Edward Wildgoose edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com
Tue Aug 26 18:39:31 EDT 2003

> > Um, what?
>
> It's like this, IMHO:
>
> When I go out and buy a Satelite Receiver, I expect it to be able to
> receive new satelite & encryption systems based on the same standard.

I have had a chat with Isaac offlist and I think that we can solve this in a
couple of ways either of which will be acceptable to everyone.  Also, as
long as I didn't misunderstand what Isaac said, he is actually happy to add
tables as long as we *will* be writing to them, it's mainly that we need to
demonstrate the need to alter the data that is the issue

Please lets take this offlist now.  I think that we have a workable solution
and I will send Isaac a new patch this evening.

Thanks for the feedback from everyone

Ed W