[mythtv] Two Bugs in Mythtv v0.11 & Two Usability Requests

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Wed Aug 27 07:16:00 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 26 August 2003 10:41 pm, Roy Hooper wrote:

> >	Yeah, that would be great. There are actually many comments in the
> > current source that say, "If I had a way to ring a bell, I'd do it now."
> > Now ... let me think ... why hasn't this problem already been solved ....
> > hmmmmm ....
>
> Being new to MythTV, I don't understand what the problem is and why it
> hasn't been solved.

	Because no-one has bothered to. That's why I sounded so darn grumpy in my
original response to this post. Sometimes the ratio of "feature requests" to
patch contributions gets sufficiently high that I get a bit out of whack.

	It's open source. If it doesn't do what you want, fix it. If you can't fix
it, at least clearly define exactly what you'd like and suggest how it could
be implemented. Here endeth the rant.

- thor