[mythtv] Re:Transcoding pvr-250 files

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Aug 27 15:01:22 EDT 2003

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:08:01 -0400, "Christopher Hash
chash-at-actgate.com |mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <0rqrhk90120t at sneakemail.com>
said:
> Geoffrey-
> Thanks, changing the audio sample rate to match fixed the slow motion
> playback problem!  I understand about the cutlist issue.  What other
> alternatives do we have to the seek information in the database?  In
> addition to MPEG2 restoration, it appears there's no seek table for the
> MPEG4 transcoded file either (nothing appears if I hit E or M).  Also,
> the
> MPEG4 video freezes if i try to skip ahead.  Same reason?
>
> Chris
Well, this is the same problem that was reported a few days ago.  That is
to say, the seek table should be generated in the new .nuv file,
regardless of whether one exists for the original .nuv.  This is a bug in
the transcoder, and something thta should be easy to fix.  You won't have
any info in the db, because for mpeg4/rtjpeg, the .nuv can contain the
seek-table (and the transcoder writes the seektable there instead of the
DB..or at least it is supposed to)

I'll look at it when I get a chance, but I am pretty busy right now, and
I will be out of town for labor day weekend, and likely not able to do
much in the way of debugging.

.Geoff