[mythtv] ALSA sound patch

John Knottenbelt jak97 at doc.ic.ac.uk
Fri Aug 29 00:19:47 EDT 2003

Hello everyone

Attached is a patch (again mythtv cvs 28/08/2003) which adds ALSA as a
possible sound device to the configuration menus in the front-end. This is
different to using ALSA's OSS emulation API.

Additionally some tweaks to the ALSA sound module, which make it work (at
least on my machine) when it was stuttering badly before.

Please let me know what you think, if it works for you or not. Let me know if
I need to change anything in the patch in order to make it more acceptable.

You can apply the patch with: patch -p0 < alsa.diff when in the mythtv CVS
directory.

Thanks

John