[mythtv] Adding DV over Firewire as a video source - howto?

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Tue Dec 2 17:59:48 EST 2003

I would like to start using MythTV to provide PVR functionality on my
home setup; previously, I just recorded stuff and transcoded before I
could watch it.

I use an external analog to DV codec, connected to an IEEE-1394
(Firewire) bus, to capture the video, and would like to keep doing this.

So, to do that I would need to add DV over 1394 support to MythTV.

As far as I can tell, doing this requires defining a new 'recorder' for
the DV stream, like the 'mpegrecorder' or 'hdtvrecorder' in libmythtv.

I then need to add the new type to the 'TVRec' class, and add it to the
configuration system...

It's the last step, primarily, that I am looking for guidance on, along
with pointers to any other stuff I have missed.

Thanks,
        Daniel

--
Sweet desert rose