[mythtv] [patch] hdtvrecorder and pat/pmt parsing

Steve Brown sbrown at cortland.com
Thu Dec 4 16:44:42 EST 2003

Doug Larrick wrote:
> I'm a little concerned about what happens in RewritePMT when a program
> has multiple audio PIDs associated with it, e.g. a second audio
> program.  I think it will probably latch onto the last one in the
> table, which probably *is* the Spanish, French, or descriptive audio
> program.

You are right, it would pick the last one. An easy fix.

A bigger concern to me is the overlap in functionality between the dvb
and hdtv code, including the kernel driver. I would think that a little
surgery on the pchdtv driver to use the same interface as the dvb driver
and include the kernel-level filtering and assembling of sections would
avoid maintaining both sets of myth code. Though, I doubt I have the
skills to do much about it.

> Instead of setting video_pid and audio_pid in RewritePMT, can you
> decode them out of the PAT when you find the desired_program (where you
> currently set the pmt_pid), choosing the first audio PID?

At the time I fish the pmt pid out of the pat, I haven't yet received
the pmt. I have to wait for it to identify the video/audio streams in
the multiplex.

I will let the patch age a little and see if there are more comments.

Steve