[mythtv] Experimental pvr 350 output patch

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Mon Dec 8 02:13:11 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 07:41, David Engel wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 11:33:37PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > Tried this patch out a bit -- it seems more prone to getting stuck after
> > seeking than what's in CVS now.  Symptoms are it starts playing, the hangs
> > after a quarter second or so, likely when it fills the buffers or whatnot.
> > Rewinding seems to fix it more often than fast forwarding does.
>
> It's definitely a work in progress.  I am learning a little more about
> things everyday, though, so hopefully it will only get better.  In
> fact, I learned something tonight that should fix a couple of
> problems.

Hi,

Tested it last night. I can't say it's less stable than cvs. It does
look so, though :-)

Sometimes it takes about half a second for the stream to continue after
a ffw.

What I noticed, but this might just be my impression, that the
misguessing is worse. (i.e. the reverse skip when starting to skip, and
the displayed time beeing off). Are there any ideas how to fix this?

Torsten
--
Config files for PVR350 TV-Out:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/ivtv-pvr-350-conf.tgz