[mythtv] Experimental pvr 350 output patch

David Engel dlengel at attbi.com
Mon Dec 8 21:40:30 EST 2003

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 09:33:59AM -0600, David Engel wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 08:13:11AM +0100, Torsten Schenkel wrote:
> > What I noticed, but this might just be my impression, that the
> > misguessing is worse. (i.e. the reverse skip when starting to skip, and
> > the displayed time beeing off). Are there any ideas how to fix this?
>
> Yes, I think I know what is happening and am working on it right now.
> Look for an updated patch later today.

Here is the latest version.  The major changes in this version are as
follows.

Fixes (I hope) the problem with myth losing track of what frame it is
playing.  There were two things causing this.  First, myth was using
the start playback command to resume after being paused which caused
the PVR to reset its frame count.  Second, the driver doesn't report
the correct frame count after a start playback command because it
doesn't update its copy until the PVR has decoded the first frame.

Combines NVP::Unpause and NVP::SetPlaySpeed into NVP::Play more easily
handle transiitons between paused and playing at various speeds.

Changes the ivtv video loop to always run at the default frame rate
since there's no need to update it at different rates.

Video update while skipping around is broken again.  This will take
more work.

David
--
David Engel