[mythtv] Re: Solving my performance problems...

avalanche at beyondmonkey.com avalanche at beyondmonkey.com
Wed Dec 17 23:10:51 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Frey" <markfrey at fastmail.fm>
To: <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 12:13 AM
Subject: [mythtv] Re: Solving my performance problems...

> 2. Can someone give me some good scenarios to test the filetransfer code?
> What are the various ways to initiate file transfers through the UI?

Haven't had time to test anything, just some quick notes. I was fiddling
with the QSocket/QSocketDevice stuff, doing some benchmarks, looks like
giving QSocket (backend) a big chunk and letting it do the slicing
internally is just as fast as using QSD, so it's probably better to
stick with QS on the backend for stability/error handling reasons.

You can make your frontend think it's remote (for the most part...) with
the following changes, playing a recording then uses the network stuff:

mainserver.cpp:
void MainServer::HandleQueryRecordings(QString type, PlaybackSock *pbs)
{
    QSocket *pbssock = pbs->getSocket();
-    bool islocal = pbs->isLocal();
+    bool islocal = false; //pbs->isLocal();

ringbuffer.cpp:
RingBuffer::RingBuffer(const QString &lfilename, bool write, bool needevents)
                QFile checkFile(local_pathname);
+/*
                if (checkFile.exists())
                {