[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Dec 18 19:16:10 EST 2003

Steve Davies wrote:

> > I've been using this patch with great success recently, but as a matter
> > of principle I've been trying to find where the duplicate buffers come
> > from.
> >
> This is getting pretty deep, and I'm going to have to do some learning to
> continue.
>
> Can anybody suggest to me:
>
> A tool (preferably Linux) to break an MPEG2 stream into its elementary
> components, and report on the stream in a human readable form so I can
> try and
> understand the un-synced nature of some of the DVB data.
I have several such tools that I've written over the past two weeks in
getting familiar with the MPEG2 stuff for the transcoding effort.  There
are also lots of tools out there to demux/remux the streams.

> Some good reading matter on a) MPEG2 streams and b) DVB streams.
I have lots of documentation about mpeg2 streams (PS, as well as
elementary streams.  not much on the MPEG2-TS streams tho (that is DVB)

E-mail me off-list, and I'll provide such documentation.  What info I
have is too big for me to make generally availiable.

.Geoff