[mythtv] Solving my performance problems...

Steve Brown sbrown at cortland.com
Fri Dec 19 16:28:53 EST 2003

Jason Hoos wrote:

>Interesting.  Maybe I'll give that a shot on my system (assuming that there
>is a working pcHDTV driver).
>
>Out of curiousity, what sort of sound hardware do you have?  Intel or
>Nvidia?  The problems on my system are with an Nvidia N-force chipset
>running with the ALSA intel-8x0 driver...
>
>Jason

Well, I just tried to apply the 2.6.0-test4 patch from the pchdtv site
to the 2.6.0 kernel. Except for the bttv-driver.c, it was pretty obvious
how to apply the rejects. Unfortunately, I'm probably going to have to
first figure out how bttv-driver works. Hope somebody beats me to it,
I'm not much of a kernel hacker.

I also have an NV18  (GF4 MX440 AGP8) card and an on-board 8x0. The
nvidia driver does a few oops when X fires up, but nothing crashes. I'm
not sure whether the problem is in the closed source driver or the
wrapper. To look at later. The alsa stuff is part of the 2.6.0 kernel
and works fine for me. I'm having a problem getting modules.conf to load
the nvidia and alsa modules and am doing it by hand now. Ethernet driver
just loads, pretty strange.

Steve