[mythtv] Experimental pvr 350 output patch

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Dec 20 17:35:35 EST 2003

> Here is the updated patch against current CVS, along with the ivtv
> patch which didn't change.  Only minor changes in this update:

> Didn't fix the commercial skipping problem.  I think skipping during
> livetv and unflagged recordings isn't feasible for the 350 and should

Really, currently it's not feasible for anything doing hardware
decoding since it can't access the decoded frames.  I made a note on
my TODO list to check into disabling the not-so-good realtime detection
that happens when flagging hasn't been run.  That realtime stuff
was the original commercial detection code I wrote but haven't looked
at much since I wrote the post-record flagging stuff.

I do like the idea of the patch Ben posted about turning commercial
skip OFF until a show has been properly flagged.

--

Chris