[mythtv] Re: Wrong time in Myth with PVR350 PAL output

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Tue Dec 23 08:12:49 EST 2003

Am Di, den 23.12.2003 schrieb Michael um 12:12:
> Hi Torsten,
>
> Just reading your post about the incorrect position/time during playback on
> the myth-dev list.

You should post this on the list. We might get a more vivid discussion
there. I'll crosspost it.

> I've noticed this problem as well, sometimes quite severe -- it appears that
> the longer you leave it playing uninterrupted, the greater the position
> error when you save position, seek, etc.  This would fit in with your theory
> about the PAL/NTSC framerate mismatch (particularly given the 1/6th
> measurements you observed).  I think you may be on to something there.

> Unlike David I am not convinced that the problem has been corrected in his
> recent patches: the patches themselves are great, but that specific timing
> problem appears not to have been resolved or indeed affected.

Is this using his latest patch? I didn't check the whole source, but
scanning over his last patch I see lots of math being done using a
variable called video_frame_rate. If this is set correctly his patch
might well do the trick. (I can't test it here since mythtv.org seems to
be down)

> In any case, I thought I'd email to express my support for the PAL/NTSC
> theory. :)  Hopefully a solution will be found eventually.

I'll do some more testing when I can get the new version.

> (While I'm here and assuming you're the same Torsten: thanks also for the
> "MythTV on a dedicated Eden/PVR350 Mythbox Walkthrough" -- was very helpful)

You're welcome.

Torsten