[mythtv] HWSlice fixes (was dvb fixes)

Joe Tapply linux at jtapply.plus.com
Wed Dec 24 14:30:45 EST 2003

Hi Ivor - looks like you've just reworked the EPIA-M patch I
submitted a few months ago! I am just glad the fix is finally
in CVS - my MTBF was about 5 mins without it.

What are you doing when slices go missing? If mid-frame slices
vanish, you can obviously just process the number you've counted once
slice 36 appears, but I certainly saw cases when slice number 36 would
be lost. In the end I think I just flushed frames to the H/W whenever
it looked liked we should have seen a whole frame - i.e. on seeing 36
in the slice header, or seeing say 33 followed by 2 etc. Hope that helps -
though you've probably got a better solution anyway!

Cheers,
      Joe.