[mythtv] More nforce questions

Billy Macdonald whmac33 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 25 17:16:49 EST 2003

>>/ I believe you ought to use the 'plug' device, or as a syntactic
/>>/ shortcut, the 'plughw' device. Those proxy through the audio, doing
/>>/ rate/format/etc conversions on the fly if necessary. As in device
/>>/ "ALSA:plughw:0,1".
/>
>I just tried that (setting AudioOutputDevice to plughw:0,1) and it doesn't
>help. The audio is playing right pitch-wise (no chipmunking) but the
>playback is still very choppy, and I get the same errors on the console.
>
>I've also tried (as suggested here) a device that forces resampling at
>48000, again with the same Myth effects.
>
>I think I'll poke around the mplayer source and see what the resampling
>options do, and compare that with Myth.
>
>Drew

Drew, I was wondering if you were ever able to resolve this issue, I'm having the same problem.

Abit NF7
Myth CVS 12/25/03
Alsa 1.0.0rc2
3 WinTV PVR 250's

I have the same symptoms.  Alsa works fine in other programs and myth works fine using /dev/dsp but setting myth to use ALSA:plughw:0,0 or 0,2 give stutter and the buffer overflow errors.

Thanks,

Billy