[mythtv] [Committed] Option to always use full screen for TV

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Dec 26 20:11:32 EST 2003

Doug Larrick wrote:
> On 12/26/03 18:28:29, Michael Greb wrote:
>
>> Is the current mechanism for this not good enough?

No =). There are two different objectives; fitting the GUI
inside the cowl (with the related issue of border space for
GUI pages) and aligning scanlines in the raster during
playback. These two don't play nice without Doug's patch.

> There was a fairly big discussion on this topic back in November.  See
> the thread "GUI size vs. video size".

Applied it, tested it, loved it, put it on my production
systems and committed it. Thank you.

How did you create that patch? It took me a couple attempts
to get it applied. Did you create two patches in two different
directories then cat them together?

The other thing that would be nice to have would be a key to
toggle between fullscreen and GUI size. This would be useful
for MythTV in a window on the desktop. Your option seems to
set the size when it creates the playback window. Do you see
an easy way to extend this to allow changing sizes during
playback?

--  bjm