[mythtv] [patch] playbackbox cleanup

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Wed Dec 31 01:29:23 EST 2003

On Tuesday 30 December 2003 04:42 pm, avalanche at beyondmonkey.com wrote:
> _Those_ processEvent calls, flew right past them with search & replace. I
> removed all but one for the nvp. Attached are the cleanups for a couple
> other files, using it for a while, seems stable. I noticed the 'what's new'
> dialog eats key events after a refocus, but that's not related to the
> patch.
>
> Is there anything still requiring the frontend to be in 'locked' mode most
> of the time, or can that stuff be removed too?

Nope, no need for the app locks anymore.  I left those out from your patch.

Anyway, just applied this (and merged in most of Chris Morgan's patch to
playbackbox as well), but I remembered that some of those keypressevent
dropouts (like, the doingSel in viewrecordings/programrecpriority) stuff were
there to guard against getting multiple keypresses -- sometimes, on the view
recordings screen, hitting select would pop up the next dialog twice before
the next dialog had a chance to appear.  I think I've fixed this properly now
by disabling the dialog widget from MythMainWindow when it's no longer the
top dialog on the stack.  Seems to work ok here, at least.

I would appreciate it if people could bang on things a bit, and make sure
everything's still working properly.  I've tested things a bit, but there's
no doubt gremlins in there.

Isaac