[mythtv] BUG - ffm.c

Duane Ellis duane at franklin.com
Wed Dec 31 10:27:10 EST 2003

I'm trying to port the various libs to winXX - via MinGW
and I'm examining the various warnings and found this
in libavformat/ffm.c

Sorry, no patch to fix it - I don't understand the code well enough
yet, I thought I'd point this out anyway

On a simular - vein - I notice that the generated Makefiles from qmake
specify the GCC compiler options -w -Wall (lower case W first) more
commonly this is -W -Wall. The lower case w disables all warnings.
I'm not that familure with Qt's makefile construction rules, perhaps
this is a mistake? (FYI - my linux host is RH9 intel)

Anyway - the ffm.c problem appears to be an valid error.

The function: ffm_seek() has this prototype (2 parameters)

    static int ffm_seek(AVFormatContext *s, int64_t wanted_pts)
    line: ffm.c line 561

It is used in the structure initialization:
   definition at ffm.c line 664

>> static AVInputFormat ffm_iformat = {
>>     "ffm",
>>     "ffm format",
>>     sizeof(FFMContext),
>>     ffm_probe,
>>     ffm_read_header,
>>     ffm_read_packet,
>>     ffm_read_close,
>>     ffm_seek,		<----- WRONG PROTOTPYE
>> };

the AVInputFormat structure specifies that the seek function has 3
(not 2) parameters - is like this:

>>    int (*read_seek)(struct AVFormatContext *,
>>                     int stream_index, int64_t timestamp);
      file: libavformat/avformat.h - line  173

--Duane.