[mythtv] What's New listing problem -- oldprogram table not getting filled

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Wed Dec 31 17:59:41 EST 2003

        I noticed my "oldprogram" table has not been getting filled.
If I run this MySQL command (used by filldata.cpp) manually:

    INSERT INTO oldprogram (oldtitle,airdate)
                SELECT title,starttime FROM program
                LEFT JOIN oldprogram ON title=oldtitle
                WHERE oldtitle IS NULL AND starttime < NOW()
                group by title;

I get this error:

ERROR 1066 at line 1: Not unique table/alias: 'oldprogram'

This is with Fedora's mysql-3.23.58.  It works if I insert into a
temporary table first before copying to "oldprogram".  Is this a MySQL
3.x vs. 4.x thing?
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.