[mythtv] Future Development

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Dec 31 20:52:11 EST 2003

> 1) Individual Viewing Lists Based On Logged In User.  ( Wife might have =
> different tastes and doesn't want to see all those recordings of Dr. =
> Phil...eerrr..Sci-Fi shows. )

This and #4 might be handled by the "Recording Group" idea I described
a little while back but haven't been able to work on much since I've
been working out of town quite a bit over the past month.  Basically
you would assign a recording to a group and then from the playbackbox
screen you would have the ability to view all files or ones in a particular
group.  So you could have a group for each family member and/or a
'Sports' group, 'Movies' group, etc..

> 2) Parental Lock Control

In my description of Recording Groups I also described having the ability
to password protect a group, which could accomplish this as well if you're
talking for prerecorded shows.  Wouldn't handle per-channel LiveTV though.

> 3) Channel Filtering Ex. - Some reason you might just like to watch 4 =
> channels, change it so the guide just displays those for channels or be =
> used to control which channels kids and record.

I like this idea, my Dish Network receiver supports this, allowing up to
4 custom guide lists I think.

> 4) User categories ( Ex. - All new Monday shows, 2003-2004 Season of =
> Enterprise )

If recording Groups existed, you could make a group for your Monday
shows and another for Enterprise, etc..

> Thanks for reading my babble of thoughts,

Ditto.   Now I just need to sit still long enough to code the Groups idea.
Everytime I get a chance to sit down and watch something I think about
how nice it would be if I didn't have to scroll through my wife's "Clean
Sweep" and "Trading Spaces" just to get to my stuff. :)

--

Chris