[mythtv] No luck with LIRC...

Chris cisip at sprintmail.com
Sat Feb 1 09:32:51 EST 2003

$ ln -sf /dev/ttySx /dev/lirc

This will create that file, just replace the x with the com port number
you use. For example, com port 1 is /dev/ttyS0 and 2 is /dev/ttyS1.
This should have been created when you installed lirc.  In my case it
was not.  I have Redhat 8. No kernel recompiles or updates. No changes
to modules.conf  Hope this helps.