[mythtv] Audio problem with 0.7

jcaputo1 at comcast.net jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 4 13:28:57 EST 2003

I don't think duplex is the issue... he's recording from
btaudio and playing to a SoundBlaster card... that's not duplex,
since there are two separate cards for input & output.

I'm assuming that /dev/dsp1 is the digital sound from your bt878...
have you tried recording from the analog signal (should be /dev/dsp2)?
This is the one that would be controlled from the mixer device.
Note, if you're using the ALSA driver for your SoundBlaster, then it's
possible that there's some mixer confusion.  Btaudio might try to grab
/dev/mixer0, but should probably be /dev/mixer1, leaving /dev/mixer0
for the OSS emulation of your SoundBlaster.  Use

   options btaudio dsp1=1 dsp2=2 mixer=1 rate=32000

In your /etc/modules.conf to make sure that btaudio isn't grabbing devices
that you think should go to ALSA.  You could also try the options
"digital=[0/1] analog=[0/1]" to force the TV card sound
to come through /dev/dsp1 or /dev/dsp2.

-Joe C.