[mythtv] Crazy Question?

Matthew S. Hallacy poptix at techmonkeys.org
Tue Feb 4 22:54:29 EST 2003

TRIM YOUR GODDAMNED POSTS.

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 07:14:29PM -0800, usenet at wingert.org wrote:
> Check out http://dreamix.sourceforge.net for an XBox Linux PVR, not sure if it
> is free or not.

Dreamix is vaporware, furthermore, the people who claim to be making it
are making a 'custom ethernet tuner device' that will sell for 'around $100'
which means that they're in it for the money. Considering a $40-something
USB tuner, or an open source mythtv frontend would do just fine I don't
consider dreamix a viable solution to anything. The only proof that anything
is happening is some "screenshots" on the sourceforge site they registered,
unfortunately all of those images were created in photoshop, not from
screenshots.

> There is a Linux USB MPEG2 capture device driver that has incomplete driver
> support.

There are various Linux hardware video compression devices available, at
the moment mythtv only supports the PCI mjpeg cards.

> IMHO, an XBox seems like a great Myth FrontEnd.

hopefully someone with a modded xbox will try compiling and running
mythtv on it.